Thursday, January 13, 2005

Movie Reviews

Garden State - Another movie that was okay. I probably would've enjoyed it more if I had watched it alone. I think there are two factors in me thinking it was just okay, 1) I heard too many rave reviews. I had these unrealistic expectations for greatness. This has happened before (Forrest Gump being one of them); I went into it thinking how wonderful it was going to be, only to be let down. 2) RD was so obviously hating it. It really puts a damper in my impression of a movie when the person next to me is letting out exaggerated sighs and yawning every 10 minutes. I give this a 7.

Collateral - Pretty good. Pretty unrealistic, but I found it entertaining. It started off a bit slow and I also thought it was very predictable. RD and I both snickered at the end (flashing back to the story of the dead man riding on the Metro for six hours before being discovered). Good, but not great - I give it a 7.

Stay tuned for...

The Bourne Supremacy
The Village