Monday, May 09, 2005

He's Definitely a Keeper

I had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day. RD is so incredible. Our day couldn't have been more perfect. He did EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING! He fed the kids, clothed and changed the kids, cleaned up after the kids...everything. He does help out regularly anyway, but he took charge all day. AND, when we put the kids to bed, he cleaned the bathroom, did some laundry, and scrubbed the floors by hand. He's awesome.

We started the day at the builder. We went ahead with a color called, Burnt Amber. It's more neutral than the color we chose for the Formica counter. Since we're spending a lot more money on the counters now, I want something we can work with if we decide to change the color scheme in the kitchen/breakfast room.

Then we picked up RD's mom (my mom was with us as well) and headed out to his sister's. We had a nice lunch, visited for awhile, then headed home to get the kids to bed for their afternoon nap. This was another blessing. Getting RD to leave any type of function is usually quite nerve wracking. We always "agree" on an approximate leaving time, but once that time hits - even if it's a time he had wanted - he resists all requests to leave and I end up looking like the bad guy. So imagine my most-pleasant surprise when I said, "Are you ready," and he started packing up the car and we were out in 10 minutes! Nice!

Once we put the kids down for their nap, RD and I cuddled up on the couch for a nap ourselves. I had just started into a good snooze when someone knocked on the door. It was our good friend, P. He had brought me flowers for Mother's Day. Now...how can I get mad when they come with flowers? That was very sweet of him. Unfortunately, his knock woke AR up (their room is right next to the front door...another reason I'll be happy to move), causing a lot of screaming in their room, so RD and I enjoyed some quick (what he called...) Mother's Day sex, then got the kids up. He made Italian beef sandwiches for dinner, and we enjoyed some cheesecake, topped with fresh strawberries, for dessert. Yum!

All in all, a wonderful day! Later tonight I get to go out to buy my present. He came home with a huge bouquet of flowers, along with a card from the kids, and said he had no luck finding what I had requested - Seasons 4, 5, & 6 of Sex and the City. He looked at Target, so maybe I'll go to Best Buy and have more luck.

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! Happy Mother's Day to all! :D