Thursday, May 19, 2005

Randoms

We're having my dad and his wife over for dinner tonight. Cross your fingers and hope really hard that my happy pills are working tonight. I'm ready for a dinner that - no matter how much thought we put into it, or how carefully we prepare it - she will not like. Most every thing we do is screaming for improvement, and she knows just how to fix it. Just nod and smile. Nod and smile.

______________

Our neighbors are moving tomorrow (the nice ones, not the hoosiers across the street). When she moved in (first by herself, her fiance now lives with her), I had these visions of us becoming these great friends. Didn't happen. In the 2+ years she's lived here, I've seen very little of her. Oh well. We're moving soon anyway. I'll have some new neighbors I can force myself upon. :)

______________

I took the kids to the grocery store this morning. This 30-something woman followed me out to the van, asking me all kinds of questions. What was kind of funny was that she seemed very disappointed in all my answers.

Lady: There's three of them!

Me: Yep.

Lady: Are they the same age?

Me: Yes, they're triplets.

Lady: Looks confused.

Lady: Watching as I put SJ and AR in the back seat and SA in the middle row. Why don't you have the boys together? Don't you think they want to be together?

Me: Um...I guess I never really thought about it.

Lady: Frowning...They're not dressed alike? Why don't you dress them alike?

Me: Never been into that really. Rushing to get in the van...Have a great day 'kay? Speed off.

Some people are very strange...

___________

I have a problem. Well, one of my kids does. He bites. A lot. AR, our girl, bites from time to time, but it's usually out of frustration, and it's usually her last resort when she's tried everything else. Good thing about her biting is I can usually see it coming and stop her before she strikes. SA on the other hand.... His biting isn't out of frustration or anger, it's more out of happiness. Though in his own little way he's showing affection, it's quite painful. He'll be walking towards me with his big ole' sweet grin, opens his mouth up wide and has this look that says, "I love ya, mom! I'm gonna bite ya!" He'll get so excited playing with AR and SJ, that he'll lean over and try to bite one of them on the top of their head. I don't know what to do. We have a party coming up soon at a friend's house, where there will be lots of kids. Dang it, I so didn't want to be that family, the one with the biter. Oh well. It happens even to the good ones, right? He means well. Really he does! :)

___________

I drove by the house this morning. They're finished with the brick, the plumbing, and the electrical work. They've poured the cement in the basement and in the garage. It looks like they're getting ready to start the deck and hang the dry wall soon.

___________

We took the kids to Children's Hospital yesterday to get their blood drawn. We live in an old house, so their Ped wanted their lead levels checked (we were supposed to do this two months ago). I was dreading this so much. I kept worrying about my poor babies having to get stuck with a needle. Once we got there and I saw so many sick kids - kids who would be lucky if a short stint in the lab for a blood draw was their only worry - I realized how blessed we really are. It might have hurt for a minute, but our babies got to come home with us. We were in and out in an hour. Driving through the garage, looking for a spot, I got sad thinking so many of those cars represented a sick child. It really gives you a whole new appreciation.