Tuesday, May 10, 2005

My Second Wind

I don't know if it's the nice weather that has thankfully returned or if my happy pills are kicking in, but I have had this rush of energy lately, which is wonderful because I've gotten a lot done in the past few days.

I've gotten a lot packed; now I just need to get some more bubble wrap before I can continue. Lastnight RD and I went to Sears to check out some appliances. We picked out our washer and dryer and our refrigerator. We're going back Thursday morning to purchase them.

This morning I got up before the kids to shower and get ready, got them up at 8:00 a.m., fed and dressed them, let them play a bit, then packed them up in the van and headed to Kincaid to buy our dining room furniture (if you go to their webpage and wait through the changing photos, they show our dining room set). We picked this set out a couple weeks ago. The saleswoman called us to let us know they were changing the upholstery on the chairs, so they were offering the display furniture to us at 20% off. I went in to check out the condition of the furniture - there were a few scratches on the surface that she said they would fix - and put some money down. We had to order the sideboard separately, but they said once that came in they would hold the entire set in their warehouse for us until we're ready to move.

After the furniture store, I headed out to the builder to turn in some samples they gave us for the kitchen counters, got some measurements to make sure the new fridge will fit, talked closing costs, then headed home.

This all may not seem like a big deal to most, but getting out alone with the kids is pretty new to me. We were stuck in the house all winter due to RSV, then just not being used to it, I didn't feel comfortable getting everyone out by myself. Now I am loving it. It is so nice and makes me feel so...NORMAL. This is how it's supposed to be. And it's such a nice break in the day.

In other news, NO MORE BOTTLES!! Yeaaahhhh!!!! I'm a little late in sharing this news, but I'm pretty darn excited about it. As I mentioned before, they had a hard time taking to the sippy cups, so it was no small task. They gave up their morning bottle around 12 months, their afternoon bottle at 13 months, then several days ago we got rid of the nighttime bottle. I'm so happy because I did not want to lug all those dang bottles to my MIL's. Good riddance!