Saturday, September 25, 2004

Checking In

Not a whole lot new here. I haven't been blogging much...just haven't felt like it. I sit down to write, and I get nothing. I'm pretty much out of my funk, I'm just in a sort of blah-mood really.

RD has been much better. He's been very helpful with the babies and with stuff around the house. I went out to lunch with my friend, C, the other day and told her that RD seems to have this keen sense on when to step it up. His, hate to say it, but his laziness gets almost to the point of ridiculous, then it's like it finally hits him - and he starts pitching in; even more than I would ever expect him to. We went through this when we got married and moved in together...I was a clean-freak and he was used to his mom picking up after him. This sounds bad, but I found that if I just do everything (not everything...but the majority of things...you get the point....), he's more likely to notice and start offering to do this and that...but if I keep hounding him to do something, his stubborn side won't allow him to cave in. It's a little game...he thinks he's getting off easy, whereas I'm actually getting him to do more. ;) I just need to relearn this dance we do now that the babies are here. I'm sure it makes absolutely no sense to anyone else, but hey, it works for me!

We had a few friends over for dinner lastnight. RD made the best steak I think I've ever had. It was delicious!! After we put the babies to bed we watched Eurotrip. We couldn't decide between The Whole Ten Yards and Starsky and Hutch...somehow, Eurotrip came out of that...go figure. RD is still bitching today about how awful it was (LOL), but maybe his expectations were a bit too high. I went into it thinking it would be crap (your typical coming-of-age-T&A-teen flick), so I thought it was okay.

RD's birthday is next week and I still haven't figured out what to get (or how I'm going to get out to get it!). He says he doesn't want anything, but I have to, or want to rather, get him something. This is been a huge year for us. I think he deserves something special. :)

Babies are up from their nap...gotta run! I might be back later tonight.