Saturday, September 11, 2004

Top of the mornin' to ya!

I was getting SA ready for bed lastnight. I got out a pair of pj's, threw them on the side of the changing table, and out ran a brown recluse spider. I screamed, then yelled for RD to kill it (I'm deathly afraid of spiders). He knocked it off the table, then it ran under it. I immediately turned hysterical, crying, and yelling that there was now no way I could let the babies sleep in there with that spider. Long story short, RD moved the table, killed the spider, and I finally composed myself...trying to avoid eye contact with RD, knowing he's trying not to crack up at the psychotic outburst he just witnessed.

The battle over the thermostat continues. RD was shivering with the thermostat set on 76, while I'm stripping off my clothes, feeling like I'm overheating. To me, 76 is ridiculous, but it's the setting we agreed on. Now he's arguing that "normal" people keep their thermostats on 78. Who are these people? Please tell me, and I'll make sure I never set foot in their house!

My mother called a few minutes after 8 this morning to ask me what her cell phone number is. This is a typical call. She wanted the number b/c she couldn't find her phone and she wanted to call it. It was definitely a moment I just had to stand there in silence before answering her...must cool off...must cool off...

I had SJ on the changing table this morning when I heard a cry of pain coming from SA in the living room. SJ had an explosion in his pants, so I wasn't able to run in there as fast as I would have liked. I knew what I would find, and I was right, AR was laying on top of SA, hands planted on his face, pushing herself up...looking down at him with a look that said, "Gotcha, sucker!" We know who the boss is in this family! LOL

I have really got to do some serious cleaning today. With RD home, I've had no motivation whatsoever to get anything done. Our house is not only messy, it's bordering on disgusting. It's gotten to the point where I just stare at it...not knowing where to start.

SERENITY NOW!