Monday, September 20, 2004

Meaningless Dribble

I went to Sam's Club on Saturday for a diaper run, which also turned into a sweatsuit, book, soda, decorative-pumpkin, apples, and more run (it's impossible to go to Sam's for just one thing). It proved two things to me: 1) People can be highly annoying. I was stupid to go on a Saturday anyway, but it never ceases to amaze me how crazy people get on "sample day." People were acting like idiots, drooling in anticipation for the lady in the white apron to get done heating up today's special. I was starting to get the impression that some of the people there weren't there just to shop, but they were there to feed their children lunch. 2) Yes, I am slowly losing my mind. I proved once again that I've earned these blonde roots. I start hauling stuff in the house and quickly realize...the soda's missing! Sure enough, I left the two cases of soda on the bottom of the cart. To my amazement, someone turned them in (probably the cart-collector...)!

We watched The Butterfly Effect that night. It was really good. I was kind of surprised. The look Ashton Kutcher made after "changing the past" (this open-mouthed, eyes rolling back, looks like he's climaxing look) got really annoying, but it was otherwise quite entertaining.

We took the kids to the park yesterday. It was such a surreal feeling...watching RD play with the kids on a large blanket...there was 50's music playing in the background (there was a craft fair on the other side of the park)...it was heaven. We were able to take some great pictures.

Speaking of the park, we stopped at a local sandwich shop to pick up lunch - Amighetti's. RD waited in the van with the kids while I ran in. This rather large lady pulled up in this big Mercedes, parked it right in front of the door. She walked in carrying this big, obnoxious Chanel tote, and shuffled to the cash register to make her order (apparantly it was too much trouble to actually pick her feet up off the ground when walking). What pissed me off was that there wasn't a bad parking spot anywhere. There were two spots ten feet from where this lady parked, yet that was still too far I guess. If she would made the effort to exert herself a bit more...say ten extra feet...it might help her with her weight problem. I'm no size 6 either, but damn, woman!

We recently loaned my mother a substantial amount of money. You'd think she would stop calling us from Target and Value City talking about the "deals" she's just come across. You'd think...

I'm so excited about Autumn. I love the cooler weather...sweats...cool breezes...beautiful leaves...that wonderful "Fall" smell...saying goodbye to humidity. Just wonderful!

As a person who has never had a weight problem in his life, my husband will never understand how hard it is trying to lose or maintain weight. I've been in quite the slump lately, upset over having nothing to wear that is in any way flattering...he was making fried potatoes and bacon for breakfast yesterday. He asked if I wanted any - when I said no, he went on to say how it would be okay if I just had a little, a little won't hurt me, I should be able to eat whatever I want, but in moderation, and so on. I agree with that theory, to an extent, but when you're as desperate to lose weight as I am, something tells me fried potatoes and bacon, no matter how little, isn't a good idea.

Our wonderful neighbors...their new project is painting the bricks on the front of their house. I think it will look nice...but it's looking like it's another project that will be started and not finished over there. It's been "half-done" for about a week now. I'm about ready to go over there and offer to finish it myself.

We recently put a mirror in AR's bed. Miraculously, it has worked wonders on extending EVERYONE'S naptime. Sure, it's not helping her sleep longer, but while she's gazing into her eyes, she's not crying...which means the boys are able to get some decent sleep. Vanity isn't always a bad thing. ;)

SA has discovered his penis. Not intentionally really, but he has discovered it nonetheless. They're getting to where they like to grab at anything and everything (e.g., jewelry, glasses, designs on clothes, etc.) - well, lately whenever his diaper is being changed, his hand makes it down there and he grabs hold of it. Now that we're catching on to this...problem...we're doing our best to distract him. :)

We've got our first diaper rash. Poor SJ! It looks so bad. He's recently decided to have his big, daily dump in the middle of the night; which is bad, bad news for his hiney. We try to put a big, Desitin barrier on before bed...but it's not helping so much.

It sounds like AR has grown tired of staring at herself in the mirror...time to get everyone up...