Sunday, September 05, 2004

Insomnia Continues

This insomnia is starting to catch up with me. I thought I was exhausted before...that was nothing!

I even have ADD while trying to pray. Often while saying my nightly prayer in my head at night, I keep getting "off topic". My thought process went a little like this while trying to pray and get to sleep...

Dear Lord, thank you for everything you have done for me, my family and friends. I pray that AR, SJ, and SA are happy and healthy - and live long, happy, healthy lives...it sure is hot in here...the babies sure make a lot of noise when they sleep...who's nose is whistling? it sounds like SA...oh, I was praying...oops! Please forgive me for all I have sinned. I pray that RD and I stay happily and faithfully married to each other for the rest of our lives...I wish RD would stop bumping into me...it's too hot for him to be this close to me right now...I really don't want to go to my aunt's house tomorrow...damn it, I can't even concentrate long enough to finish a two-minute prayer! I pray that everyone is safe in Florida. I hope that all people and animals are able to make it to safety and that their homes are safe from the storms...I'm hungry...Do we even have anything for me to eat? I sure would hate to get up and then find there isn't anything for me to eat...Did I put that meat in the freezer? Why do I keep forgetting to do that? It's probably rotten by now...maybe I should turn the ceiling fan on...that would help...

...and this whole crazy thought process went on for a very long time! Why is it when the lights go out, my mind starts? I just can't settle down. I was so tired lastnight, that I actually sat on the couch thinking about going to bed for almost an hour...but I was too tired to get my ass up to go into bed!! Now that's sick!